Where We've Been...
- Assisted in advocacy efforts and joined other families in Washington D.C. to support the passage of the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act.
- Co-authored and advocated successfully for Arizona’s Resolution, SCR1005, Recognizing the Rights of Family Members, Caregivers and Guardians of Individuals with a Serious Mental Illness which passed the AZ Senate and House with unanimous consent (2016).
- Advocated successfully for the passage of bills in the Arizona legislature that seek to improve communication between health care providers and family members as well as improving overall transparency.
- Served on former Gilbert, AZ Mayor John Lewis's Behavioral Health & Substance Use Task Force. As a member of this task force, we assisted in developing and implementing Crisis Care Team training for faith groups.
- Assisted in the development of the East Valley Behavioral Health Coalition, currently serve as Chair.
- Have been mentioned in numerous publications for our support and advocacy of the seriously mentally ill. In addition to being written about we have spoken at numerous conferences and government functions to educate people on the problems in the system that lead to people with serious mental illness (SMI) not receiving the care they need.
- Spoke at the ALEC National conference in December, 2017 in the HHS Task-force in support of the AZ Caregiver Bill of Rights which was subsequently adopted as model legislation.
- A founding member of the Association for the Chronically Mentally Ill (ACMI) in Arizona that is working toward innovative housing solutions for the most fragile mentally ill in our state.